Divemaster is the first rung on the ladder as a recreational diving professional. This course enables you to get paid for doing what you love. In this course you will expand your knowledge in dive theory, learn problem solving techniques and perfect your rescue skills. Leadership roles are also a large focus of the course, preparing you for supervising diving activities and assisting Professional Scuba Instructors.
Divemaster job opportunities in the sun:
- A company in the Philippines and Palau looking for Divemasters full time email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Posted May 2, 2016
- Small dive centre in Mallorca Spain (near Palma) looking for Divemaster email email@example.com for details. April 29. Posted 2016
- Busy dive centre in Isla Mujeres Mexico looking for full time Divemasters email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Posted April 22, 2016
Package Price Includes:
- Online code for PADI eLearning
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster slates and dive tables
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Certification Fee
- Academic Sessions & Confined and Openwater training, and
- Professional training by an experienced instructor
- Course length 3 weeks
- Course hours: 08:30 – 04:30
- Homework, some evening and weekend work may be required to complete homework assignments and/or study for exams etc.
- Open Water certification
- Advanced Open Water certification
- Rescue Diver certification
- Minimum 20 logged dives to commence training
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Required Equipment: Students will be required to bring or purchase full dive gear including:
- Mask, Snorkel & Fins
- Bottom Timer or Dive Computer.
* Students wishing to purchase drysuits from Divesafe will need to submit measurement information 2 weeks prior to the course date.
Graduation will be dependant on the students meeting the following criteria:
- Complete homework assignments
- Create an emergency assistance plan for a designated dive site
- Complete stamina and water skills exercises
- Complete a diver rescue assessment
- Complete the dive skills required
- Complete practical application assessment
At time of certification the diver must have the following:
Logged at least 60 scuba dives including experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation; completion of EFR primary and secondary care training within 24 months.