PADI Open water course
Who should take this course?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required. What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
- You are able to get high school credit for the Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Call our office or stop on by and we can get you signed up for the next class.
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water. We will be using cold water equipment.
Our PADI instructors have loads of advice about equipment purchase.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course by calling our store: 250-287-3837
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)